Get Social – Grab a Buddy and Stay in Shape
Has the cold and rain got you down? It’s time to ditch the winter coats and scarves! Warmer weather and longer days are upon us… Now is the time to get out, get moving and get active with your kids! The fresh air will do wonders for your mind and body, and the warmth of the sunshine will give you that daily dose of Vitamin D your body needs.
You are a busy mom, constantly on the go – we know! We can all relate that making the time to incorporate exercise into our daily routine with little ones around is truly a challenge, so why not bring them along for your workout routine?
Destination Play Dates
- Head to a local park and with a little bit of creativity, you can use that as your outdoor gym. Your little one can ride along in the stroller and that “extra” push will be great cardio and resistance while the older one can cruise along on their bike or scooter. The equipment at the park is excellent for various exercises such as planks, push-ups, pull-ups, and step-ups – all of which are great at sculpting and toning your target regions. Play an old-fashion game of tag with your kids that will get your heart racing.
- Find a local trail nearby and utilize the workout benches for strength training exercises. Many trails have a variety of benches that will work your arms, chest, and legs. This will boost your metabolism to burn more calories and fat while building lean muscle mass.
Moms Fitness Club
- Look into participating in a stroller-based program. It’s a fabulous way to connect with other moms and bond with your child. Programs integrate strength training exercises along with cardiovascular drills.
- Join a mother’s group for support and find moms who have similar interests to exercising as you do and it will inspire you to keep motivated.
Preschool Workout Session
- Forgo the coffee and get together while the kids are at school. Venture out for a brisk walk or jog. Pick a few destination points along the way and stop to do some sit-ups or push-ups. This will take your fitness level to new heights!
Mommy & Me Yoga or Dance Classes
- Invest in a class, DVD or sign up through the local community. Benefits of Yoga are endless. Perfect for new moms to regain their strength and flexibility after the birth of the baby. Take Yoga outdoors to truly reap the benefits!
By Lillian Lee. Lillian Lee is the local franchise owner for Baby Boot Camp, serving families in Alamo, Danville, Dublin, Pleasanton and San Ramon, certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-353-6193 for more info, or visit www.babybootcamp.com.