Consider the type of trip you have planned–city touring or wilderness camping, hot and hu-mid, or brisk and snowy? What activities are planned–swimming, snow skiing, hiking, museum touring? Will you be traveling out of the country? How many days will you be gone? How will you be traveling–by plane, car, boat or train?
• Make a list of items (clothes, toiletries, medicines, toys) you might need!
• Even if your trip is longer than one week, select enough clothes for just one week. You can always do laundry along the way.
• Pack only what you can carry, usually one carry-on-size bag per person. Soft sided luggage is lighter and packs easier.
• Include clothing that has multiple purposes–long underwear for pjs, socks for slippers.
• Choose separates (shorts, pants, skirts, sweaters, shirts, blouses), with complimentary colors and patterns–to provide a variety of outfits.
• Take clothes that can be layered with t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets, and leggings.
• Wash-and-wear is best, unless your hotel provides an iron or laundry service.