by The Growing Room Academy
• Trick-or-Treat on well lit streets where possible or carry flashlights or glow sticks
• Always Trick or treats in groups with adult supervision
• Cross the street at corners, using crosswalks and traffic signals.
• Don’t run across the street.
• Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
• Always walk on sidewalks
• Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
• When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
• Drive slowly and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
• When driving, enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
• Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
The Growing Room Academy is pleased to offer a fun innovative after-school STEM curriculum at their beautiful new facility in San Ramon at 2340 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Classes ranging from robotics and Lego engineering to video game design and Java programming are offered for ages 4-17. For more info call 925-820-5808 or visit us on the web at www.thegrowingroom.org/academy