By Elizabeth Kang
Just thirty minutes from the Yosemite Valley, Rush Creek Lodge is a contemporary, kid-friendly lodge with a delicious onsite restaurant, newly built spa, and amazing kids’ indoor and outdoor play spaces. It’s the perfect fall getaway — when Yosemite sees fewer visitors, the leaves start to change, and the s’mores fire pits at the lodge become even cozier.
Time to pack those flannels and Uggs, because Rush Creek Lodge offers some amazing room rates in the fall season. We keep returning to this special spot year after year, because it’s our favorite getaway in the Yosemite area. If that doesn’t convince you to give Rush Creek a try, here are ten more reasons to book your stay this fall.
- Heated Pool & Hot Tub — The 2,400-square-foot heated saltwater pool and two steaming hot tubs are perfect on crisp fall days, and are a wonderful way to unwind after a day hiking Yosemite.
- Outdoor Playground — The outdoor playground on this 20-acre, wooded property is one of our favorite things about the lodge. Kids go crazy for the thrilling, 60-foot hillside slide, two daring zip-lines (one for big kids and one for smaller kids,) and plenty of other equipment to climb, crawl under, and explore. There’s also ping-pong tables, a bocce ball court, corn hole, and more!
- Indoor Game Area — The indoor game room is just as impressive as the outdoor playground, and the perfect place to hang if the weather is chilly or rainy. Inside you’ll find foosball, air hockey, pool, classic arcade games, and a wide selection of toys and board games to play with. There’s also an amazing custom-designed tree house climbing structure is as cool-looking as it is fun.
- S’Mores Night, Every Night! — There’s nothing better on a starry and crisp fall night than huddling by the fire pit and roasting marshmallows. Rush Creek Lodge hosts a nightly S’Mores event around their cozy fire-pits, providing all the essentials for this classic camping treat, every evening.
- Guided Tours —Yosemite is a huge park, and can feel overwhelming, especially to first-time visitors. Luckily, Rush Creek offers an incredible Guided Recreation Program that matched guests to experienced and knowledgable guides, taking the guesswork out of your vacation. Partial and full-day guided tours are available, appropriate for all fitness levels and abilities.
- Activities Galore — Those dreaded two words — “I’m Bored” — will never be uttered during a stay at Rush Creek Lodge. There are daily planned activities, kids’ crafts and nature presentations scheduled throughout the day. Children can learn about geodes and crystals, weave a reed basket, dissect owl pellets, or participate in a family painting lesson during any given week at the lodge.
- Spectacular Spa Facilities — The newly opened indoor/outdoor spa facility at Rush Creek is worth the drive alone. There’s no better place to get a relaxing massage, pampering facial or rejuvenating steam & sauna than at this gorgeous facility, surrounded by serene forested land.
- Convenient General Store — Guests love the well-stocked general store at the lodge, where a steaming latte and grab’n’go breakfast burrito can be picked up in just a few short minutes. The store also sells groceries, wine, and adorable souvenirs.
- Gourmet Dining — Just because you’re in the middle of a forest doesn’t mean you have to “rough it.” Guests can order decadent challah french toast for breakfast, a refreshing tuna poke bowl for lunch and a perfectly cooked Cheeseburger on a brioche bun for dinner. The kids’ menu offerings include children’s favorites such as burgers, macaroni & cheese, chicken tenders, and pizza, with a choice of veggies, fruit, or french fries. Don’t forget to order a seasonal craft cocktail from the bar with your appetizer.
- Spacious Accommodations — Named after the area’s historic ties to the Gold Rush, Rush Creek Lodge offers 143 spacious rooms, suites and hillside villas that are perfectly suited for small to large families. The stylish rooms, suites and villas have rustic, modern charm, with comfortable beds, sofa beds, private patios and cozy gas fireplaces. Most rooms have space so adults and children can be in separate spaces — a feature any adult will appreciate. (There are no TVs in the rooms, which won’t be missed with the gorgeous surroundings and views!)