- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp
- 8 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 fluid ounces red wine (optional)
- Peel and cook shrimp if necessary, and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Place tomatoes, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, and wine in a 3 quart sauce pan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook linguini according to package directions. When pasta is almost done, drain shrimp and place in the bottom of a large colander. Drain the pasta over the shrimp. Transfer pasta with shrimp to a large serving bowl, and toss together with some sauce. Serve remaining sauce on the side.