Disposable food prep gloves (for shaping and assembling the candy features)
2 or 3 blue Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews or similar candies
Brown M&Ms Minis
White Candy Melts
Medium-size hunk of chocolate fondant
Round 1 1/2 inch fondant cutter
White sugar pearls (found in the baking aisle of the grocery or craft store) or other similar small white candies
6 inch cardboard cake boards
1. Make an eye for each cupcake by pinching off a piece from a blue Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews candy and flattening it into a disk slightly bigger than an M&M’s Minis.
2. Gently press the blue disk onto a white Candy Melt, positioning it slightly off center. Set an assembled eye on the upper portion of each cupcake and press down gently to stick it in place.
3. Next, create the candy mouths by rolling out the chocolate fondant between sheets of wax paper so that it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Use the fondant cutter to cut out a few circles. Use the cutter again to cut crescent-shape grins from the circles. (Use yellow if you can’t easily find the white ones.)
4. Gently press sugar pearl teeth into the upper and lower edge of the fondant. Then add a completed mouth to each cupcake.
5. For the finishing touch, insert a pair of spiky slivered almond horns into the top of each cupcake.