If you think luxury and Yosemite are mutually exclusive terms, then you probably haven’t yet heard of the area’s newest hotel, Rush Creel Lodge. Just thirty minutes from the Yosemite Valley, this gorgeous kid-friendly lodge is a welcoming retreat for exhausted day hikers and nature-starved urbanites.
Now that the Lodge has opened its beautiful, newly built spa, Rush Creek is everything an adult could want, and more than a kid could wish for. Read on to discover what makes Rush Creek such a dreamy place for children and adults, alike.
- Outdoor Playground — This isn’t just any playground. The outdoor playground on this 20-acre, wooded property is simply wondrous! Kids go crazy for the zippy 60-foot hillside slide, two daring zip-lines (one for big kids and one for smaller kids,) and plenty of other equipment to climb, crawl under, and explore. There’s also ping-pong tables, a bocce ball court, corn hole, and more!
- Indoor Game Area — The indoor game room is just as impressive as the outdoor playground, with foosball, air hockey, pool, classic arcade games, and a wide selection of toys and board games to play with. The amazing custom-designed tree house climbing structure is as cool-looking as it is fun.
- S’Mores Night, Every Night! — Every kids dream come true; S’Mores on repeat. Rush Creek Lodge hosts a nightly S’Mores event around their cozy fire-pits, providing all the essentials for this classic camping treat.
- Kid-Friendly Grub — The culinary team at Rush Creek lodge didn’t overlook little one’s palates. They offer mouthwatering versions of children’s favorites such as burgers, macaroni & cheese, chicken tenders, and pizza, with a choice of veggies, fruit, or some of the best french fries for miles around.
- Activities Galore — Those dreaded two words — “I’m Bored” — will never be uttered during a stay at Rush Creek Lodge. There are daily planned activities, kids’ crafts and nature presentations scheduled throughout the day. Children can learn about geodes and crystals, weave a reed basket, dissect owl pellets, or participate in a family painting lesson during any given week at the lodge.
- Heated Pool & Hot Tub — The 2,400-square-foot heated saltwater pool entertains children for hours, year-round, and there’s plenty of tables and lounge chairs nearby to accommodate watchful parents.
- Spectacular Spa Facilities — The newly opened indoor/outdoor spa facility at Rush Creek is worth the drive alone. There’s no better place to get a relaxing massage, pampering facial or rejuvenating steam & sauna than at this gorgeous facility, surrounded by serene forested land. (The Spa is currently open and following all safety precautions regarding Covid-19 protocols.)
- Spacious Accommodations — There is a room or suite to comfortably accommodate any-sized family or group at Rush Creek Lodge. The stylish rooms, suites and villas have rustic, modern charm, with comfortable beds, sofa beds, private patios and cozy gas fireplaces. Most rooms have space so adults and children can be in separate spaces — a feature any adult will appreciate. (There are no TVs in the rooms, which won’t be missed with the gorgeous surroundings and views!)
- Creative Libations — The Rush Creek Tavern serves up some of the most creative, refreshing cocktails in Cali, in addition to local craft brews and a distinctive wine list. The Tavern is the perfect spot to grab a drink at the bar to, or join in a late-nigh karaoke sing-a-long.
- On-site Hiking Trails — There are a few newly developed hiking and biking trails just opened at Rush Creek, which range from an easy 0.5-mile Nature Trail that even toddlers can manage, to a 2.7-mile Adventure Trail that will thrill active families. Bike rentals and hiking gear are offered right on the property.
- Guided Tours —Rush Creek offers an incredible Guided Recreation Program that matched guests to experienced and knowledgable guides, so visitors can get the most out for their Yosemite vacations. Partial and full-day guided tours are available, appropriate for all fitness levels and abilities.
- Gourmet Dining — Just because you’re in the middle of a forest doesn’t mean you have to “rough it.” Rush Creek Lodge’s executive chef Anthony Lemens has created a menu of unexpected culinary delights as well as perfectly executed classics. Guests can order decadent challah french toast for breakfast, a refreshing tuna poke bowl for lunch and a perfectly cooked Cheeseburger on a brioche bun for dinner.
- Convenient General Store — Guests love the well-stocked general store at the lodge, where a steaming latte and grab’n’go breakfast burrito can be picked up in just a few short minutes. The store also sells groceries, wine, and adorable souvenirs.