Ages: 10 months and up
Makes 3/4 cup
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Little ones love the interactive pleasures of dipping, and this mild carrot puree keeps the wholesome factor high. Serve it with whole-grain bagels or steamed veggies for the younger set, while older kids might enjoy carrot sticks and cucumber slices.
- 2 medium-size carrots, sliced
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (see tip below)
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- Steam the carrots and ginger over boiling water until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Blend them with the remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Per 2 tbsp: 38 Calories ● 3 g Fat (0.6 g Sat Fat) ● 1 mg Cholesterol ● 180 mg Sodium ● 3 g Carbohydrate ● 0.9 g Fiber ● 0.6 g Protein
- Don’t have kosher salt? Substitute table salt; just use half the recommended amount.
- * http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/appetizers-snacks/healthy-snacks/carrot-ginger-dip-921131/