- 16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound flaked cooked crabmeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®) (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Stir the cracker crumbs and water together in a mixing bowl. Let stand 1 minute to soften the crackers. Add the crabmeat, egg, mustard, and mayonnaise. Season with Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, salt, and black pepper; stir until evenly mixed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form the crab mixture into patties 3/4-inch thick. Cook in the hot oil until golden brown on each side and hot in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.* http://allrecipes.com/recipe/aunt-ruths-crab-cakes/detail.aspx