By Elizabeth Kang
We’ve explored many Scottsdale resorts, and as a result, we’ve dipped our toes in many Scottsdale resort pools. From kid-friendly zero-depth pools to exclusive, adult-only pools, it’s always a great day when it’s spent poolside. The pool scene at Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows, however, tops our list for a number of reasons — ten, to be exact!
- The Pools: There’s a reason the Turquoise Pool is in the center of this resort — it’s where all the action and excitement is! But if your’e looking for a little more relaxation and serenity, the Retreat Pool is the one for you
- The Right Vibes: Modern, unpretentious and very hip, the poolside vibe at the Andaz Scottsdale is friendly, welcoming and just the right amount of cool.
- The Friendly Service: Read an online review of the Andaz Scottsdale and it will likely mention the friendly and attentive poolside service, with many reviews calling out servers by name. The highly trained staff is one more reason the poolside experience at the Andaz is so great.
- A Mouthwatering Menu: One of life’s greatest simple pleasure has got to be eating a casual, alfresco poolside meal, delivered right to your lounge chair without so much as a twitch of a muscle. The poolside menu at the Andaz Scottsdale makes the experience that much better, with both indulgent and healthy options such as Chile-Braised Pork Tacos, chilled Shrimp Ceviche, and a delicious assortment of salads, sandwiches and burgers. Try a seasonal house-made popsicle to cool off after lunch.
- The Bar: Ensuring that you don’t have to leave the pool for any reason, the Turquoise Pool Bar is conveniently located right at the main pool. So you can saunter up dripping wet to order your Mojito or Frozé.
- Breathtaking Views: Overlooking the iconic Camelback Mountain, the pool is an ideal place to be in the evening to gaze at a legendary Sonoran Desert sunset. When the sun sets behind Camelback Mountain, the mountain’s silhouette is simply stunning.
- The Music: Many resort pools have a DJ hour, or a special one-night-a-week DJ, but the Andaz Scottsdale employs a DJ most days of the week. They play upbeat, energetic music at the right volume, (which, I’m sure you’ll agree, is key.) You can still hold a conversation at this resort pool, while enjoying lively background music.
- The Upmost Comfort: No need to worry about snagging a lounge chair at the Andaz Scottsdale pool, because there are plenty to go around, along with umbrellas for shade. For the ultimate in comfort and privacy, reserve one of the many luxurious poolside cabanas.
- Convenient Amenities: Forget your sunscreen? No worries, the Andaz Scottsdale has you covered. From plush towels, to a variety of pool toys, floaties, free daily beverages, and more, everything you need for a fun day at the pool is at your disposal.
- Relaxed Hours. There’s nothing that ruins a vacay vibe faster than being kicked out of the pool when everyone is having a blast. Luckily, that scenario won’t become a reality at the Andaz Scottsdale, because the pool hours are “relaxed” — a.k.a — nonexistent. So if you’re feeling the need for a midnight swim, jump on in! It’s all in sophisticated good fun at the Andaz Scottsdale Pool.
Stay the night
The accommodations at the Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa are just as fabulous as the pool scene, with modern, mid-century-styled spacious bungalows, delicious and innovative American restaurant Weft & Warp, stunning desert landscaping, a soothing spa, and complimentary trolley or Tesla transportation.