Picking a child care provider can be stressful and may often get put on the back-burner in fear you will never find someone you trust 110%. To begin the process, set a checklist and follow the steps below to ensure you are hiring the best caretaker.
1. See the child care license issued by the State of Ca displayed
2. Verify background checks have been done/TB testing
3. Fire and safety requirements are updated
4. CPR and First Aid training requirements are met
5. Parents have an open door policy during business hours
6. Staff is trained and follows safety requirements
7. Staff provides positive discipline
8. Ask for current references
9. Smoke free environment
10. Ensure provider takes time weekly or monthly to share your child’s achievements and behavior
While They’re Away..
*Always keep an emergency contact list in their pack. Make sure their caretaker knows where to find it. Include cell numbers for mom and dad, grandpa and grandma, and closest family friends.
*Put their name on everything – backpack, lunchbox, food bags, even clothes! Make sure they return with everything.
*Pack their favorite toy or book. When play time begins, they will be prepared.
*Always pack a canteen with extra water or juice. Pack a couple extra snacks to ensure they don’t go hungry.
By Nikki Samran-Ghuman. Nikki is the owner of Little People Childcare in Dublin Ranch. Email Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Little People offers Art, Learn, and Play sessions. Each month there is a different theme. PT, FT, and drop ins welcome! (925) 640-9909